The Discreet Acoustics Compact CGN 323 E is an integrated 12" single-flexpipe hypercardioid gooseneck microphone with elegant, modern styling made in Austria. The microphone capsule's hypercardioid pickup pattern has higher gain-before-feedback and greater "reach" than typical cardioid models but has a narrower pickup pattern.
The capsule also has a more accentuated presence peak and wider response for better intelligibility and accuracy. Its DPA phantom power adapter allows the microphone to work perfectly on phantom power from 9 to 52 volts. A bass-cut filter that is switchable via an internal jumper is also built into the adapter to prevent tampering. Its matte gray finish allows it to fit unobtrusively into any environment and it comes complete with an external windscreen and a mounting flange. A range of optional accessories permit custom mounting solutions for many different requirements.
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid.
- Frequency response: 50 - 19,000 Hz.
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/PA = 35 dBV.
- Max SPL for 1% THD: 125 dB.
- Equivalent noise level: <21 dB-A.
- Signal/noise ratio: >73 dB.
- Electrical impedance: <600 ohms.
- Recommended load impedance: >2,000 ohms.
- Power requirement: 9 to 52 V phantom power.
- Current consumption: < 3mA.
- Connector: XLR-type 3-pin.
- Finish: Matte dark gray.
- Size (overall): .5 x 15 in (13.5 x 380 mm).
- Net weight: 5.7 oz (160 g).
- Standard accessories: windscreen and mounting flange.
- Optional accessories: B 18 power supply; PS3 F-lock; H 500 and H 600 mounts; SA 60 stand adaptor, KM 231/1 and ST 45 stands